Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Muse Stream

I wrote The Voice of the Muse and The MoonQuest using the basic premise of my philosophy, what I call “writing on the Muse Stream.”

I call it the Muse Stream because I believe that when we surrender to our Muse, creativity pours through us as effortlessly as water in a free-flowing stream.

Writing on the Muse Stream means writing without stopping -- without stopping to think, edit, correct or grope for the right word. It means trusting that the words will flow from you freely, if you let them...that the next word will come as effortlessly as your next breath, if you allow it to be so.

Future posts will offer tips on how to get through those Muse Stream moments when you feel stuck. The best tip of all, though, is to keep your pen moving at all costs. It doesn't matter what you're writing, as long as you're writing!

You can always revise later. The time to write is now.

1 comment:

MysteryKnitter said...

You couldn't be more right.