Episode Two ~ Thursday, Aug 20, 1pm ET
(click here to listen live or to the archived version)
• Ask the Writing Coach (your questions for me about writing and creativity) and a feature interview with Jared Lopatin, author of Rising Sign
I first met Jared Lopatin on Twitter and was struck by his eloquence, passion and charm. Those are the same qualities he brings to his new novel, Rising Sign, the first installment in his projected StarChild Trilogy.
Quick-paced and clever, Rising Sign is a compelling astrological fantasy thriller that forces twelve reluctant heroes -- each the embodiment of one astrological sign -- to face off against a powerful enemy who would destroy them and their world.
I'll be talk to Jared during the second segment of this month's Muse & You show -- about writing, astrology and Rising Sign, and about how the book was birthed backstage during an Indiana production of the musical South Pacific. He'll also answer your questions.
During the first segment, I'll offer some writing tips and inspiration and take your questions about writing and the creative process and about me and my books, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write and The MoonQuest: A True Fantasy.
Please tune in, and bring your questions -- for me and Jared!
There are four ways to ask questions of my and my guests:
• Call in during the show: (646) 595-4478
• Post your questions in the show's chat room (free Blog Talk Radio account required)
• Post your questions directly to me on Twitter (@markdavidgerson)
• Post your questions directly to me on on my Facebook wall
The Muse & You, a production of Red River Writers, is all about writing and creativity, and it's for writers and readers alike -- an opportunity to listen to writers and creators of all sorts talk about how and why they create and, of course, about what they create. It's also an opportunity for you to ask your questions -- of me during the first segment of the show, when I offer writing tips and inspiration, and of my guests during the interview portion.
Listen to The Muse & You on the third Thursday of every month at 1pm ET (10am PT). September's guests will be photographer Joanne Gallant-Chilton and poet Jeanne Ripley, co-authors of Wings to Fly.
The Muse & You Show Archive
If you miss any live broadcast, you can listen to the archived episode, which is available shortly after each show on the show's web page. You can also download any show directly into your computer for later listening.
• #1 ~ July 29 — Julie Isaac, founder of Twitter's #writechat, and Malcom Campbell, author of The Sun Singer and Jock Stewart and the Missing Sea of Fire