Thursday, Dec 17, 1pm ET
(click here to listen live or to the archived version any time after the show airs)
• Ask the Writing Coach (your questions for me about writing and creativity) and a feature interview with Karen Walker author of Following the Whispers
I first met Karen Walker at a meeting of a writers' group here in Albuquerque, and I was immediately struck by her warmth, her genuineness and her open heart. All those are eloquently evident in her memoir, Following the Whispers, which is a powerful, profound and poignant telling of her journey from a childhood of abuse and emotional abandonment to the courage and trust that mark her life today.
Karen says she always knew that the whispers were there, those intuitive sensings that were ready to guide and heal her. But it took a 50-year odyssey to gain the confidence and courage to follow them. And it took more courage still to share that journey so openly and movingly on the page.
During this month's feature interview, Karen will share more about her book and her story and will offer practical tips for memoir-writers everywhere. It promises to be a moving and inspiring conversation, and I hope you'll tune in (and join in, with your questions and comments).
During the first segment of the show, I'll offer some writing tips and inspiration and take your questions about writing and the creative process and about me and my books, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write and The MoonQuest: A True Fantasy.
Please tune in, and bring your questions and quirks -- for me and my guest!
There are three ways to ask questions of my and my guests or to post comments:
• Post your questions in the show's chat room (free Blog Talk Radio account required)
• Post your questions directly to me on Twitter (@markdavidgerson)
• Post your questions directly to me on on my Facebook wall
The Muse & You with Mark David Gerson, is all about writing and creativity, and it's for writers and readers alike -- an opportunity to listen to writers and creators of all sorts talk about how and why they create and, of course, about what they create. It's also an opportunity for you to ask your questions -- of me during the first segment of the show, when I offer writing tips and inspiration, and of my guests during the interview portion.
Listen to The Muse & You with Mark David Gerson on the third Thursday of every month at 1pm ET (10am PT). Coming up in January: a feature interview with poet Cristina M.R. Norcross, author of a new poetry collection, Unsung Love Songs.
The Muse & You Show Archive
If you miss any live broadcast, you can listen to the archived episode, which is available shortly after each show on the show's web page. You can also download any show directly into your computer for later listening.
• #5 ~ Nov 19 — Dan Stone author of The Rest of Our Lives
• #4 ~ Oct 15 — Kristin Bair O'Keeffe author of Thirsty
• #3 ~ Sept 17 — Joanne Chilton and Jeanne Ripley co-authors of Wings to Fly
• #2 ~ Aug 20 — Jared Lopatin, author of Rising Sign
• #1 ~ July 29 — Julie Isaac, founder of Twitter's #writechat, and Malcom Campbell, author of The Sun Singer and Jock Stewart and the Missing Sea of Fire
Give the gift of creativity and inspiration this holiday season...
For a limited time only:
Special Holiday Editions of Mark David's books and CDs
• Gift-wrapped books + book/CD packages signed by Mark David to your friends/family members, and shipped directly to them with a card bearing the holiday message of your choice. More information here.
• Gift-certificates for coaching sessions, for the writer or writer-wannabe on your holiday gift list. More information here.
Mark David's January Workshops / Denver Area
• Free Talk, Author Q&A and book-signing
Topic: Birthing Your Book...Even If You Don't Know What It's About
Thursday, Jan 28~ 7pm~ Bemis Public Library, Littleton, CO
• Writing workshop -- From Memory to Memoir: Writing the Stories of Your Life
Friday, Jan 29 ~ 6-9pm ~ Colorado Free University, Denver, CO
• Writing workshop -- Write in the Flow: Answering Your Call to Write
Saturday, Jan 30 ~ 10am-4:30pm ~ Colorado Free University, Denver, CO
• The Call to Write: Answering the Voice of Your Muse
Sunday, Jan 31 ~ 1-5pm ~ Phoenix Healing Center, Longmont, CO
Mark David's January Radio Events
• Mark David's monthly guest appearance on Unity.fm's Spiritual Coaching program
Tuesday, January 12 — 4pm ET
• The Muse & You with Mark David Gerson
Special Guest: Cristina M.R. Norcross, author of the upcoming poetry collection Unsung Love Songs
Thursday, Jan 21 — 1pm ET