Thursday, Jan 21, 1pm ET
(click here to listen live or to the archived version any time after the show airs)
• Ask the Writing Coach (your questions for me about writing and creativity) and a feature interview with poet Cristina M.R. Norcross author of Unsung Love Songs and The Red Drum
If there's one thing you can say about Cristina M.R. Norcross, it's that she's dedicated and committed to her writing. Over the years she's clerked in a shoe store and gourmet candy shop, she's worked as a florist and lifeguard, she's taken phone orders for law books and customer complaints for a gas company, and she's taught basic skills and high school English.
As she tells it, there wasn't a free moment during those years when she wasn't writing: "At night...on days off...on note pads next to the cash register -- any ounce of time I could spare."
All that writing time paid off. Cristina has been published in literary magazines in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Algeria, has published two poetry collections -- Land & Sea: Poetry Inspired by Art and The Red Drum -- and has a third poetry collection, Unsung Love Songs, due to be released in time for Valentine's Day.
During this month's feature interview on The Muse and You, we celebrate Valentine's Day three weeks early as Cristina offers us a sneak preview of Unsung Love Songs, shares her creative process, talks about how art inspires her poetry, and reads from a collection that celebrates the quiet, everyday moments of love that can be the heart's biggest flourish of all.
Sometimes there are no word -- just moments.
This is where happiness lives.
~ "No Words", by Cristina M.R. Norcross
It promises to be an enlightening and inspiring conversation, and I hope you'll tune in (and join in, with your questions and comments).
During the first segment of the show, I'll offer some writing tips and inspiration and take your questions about writing and the creative process and about me and my books, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write and The MoonQuest: A True Fantasy.
Please tune in, and bring your questions and quirks -- for me and my guest!
There are three ways to ask questions of my and my guests or to post comments:
• Post your questions in the show's chat room (free Blog Talk Radio account required)
• Post your questions directly to me on Twitter (@markdavidgerson)
• Post your questions directly to me on on my Facebook wall
The Muse & You with Mark David Gerson, is all about writing and creativity, and it's for writers and readers alike -- an opportunity to listen to writers and creators of all sorts talk about how and why they create and, of course, about what they create. It's also an opportunity for you to ask your questions -- of me during the first segment of the show, when I offer writing tips and inspiration, and of my guests during the interview portion.
Listen to The Muse & You with Mark David Gerson on the third Thursday of every month at 1pm ET (10am PT). Coming up in February: a feature interview with marketer extraordinaire Penny Sansevieri, author of the red-hot must-read for authors, Red Hot Intenet Publicity: An Insider's Guide to Promoting Your Book on the Internet
The Muse & You Show Archive
If you miss any live broadcast, you can listen to the archived episode, which is available shortly after each show on the show's web page. You can also download any show directly into your computer for later listening.
• #6 ~ Dec 17 -- Karen Walker author of Following the Whispers
• #5 ~ Nov 19 -- Dan Stone author of The Rest of Our Lives
• #4 ~ Oct 15 -- Kristin Bair O'Keeffe author of Thirsty
• #3 ~ Sept 17 - Joanne Chilton and Jeanne Ripley co-authors of Wings to Fly
• #2 ~ Aug 20 -- Jared Lopatin, author of Rising Sign
• #1 ~ July 29 — Julie Isaac, founder of Twitter's #writechat, and Malcom Campbell, author of The Sun Singer and Jock Stewart and the Missing Sea of Fire
Writing/Creativity Coaching Sessions with Mark David
• Let Mark David help you unleash the power of your creative potential!
Writing/Creativity Coaching Group with Mark David / Feb-March / Albuquerque
• An 8-week guided experience of creative commitment and acceleration. It doesn’t matter whether you have a project that’s ongoing, stuck or ready to kick off, or whether you just want help establishing and maintaining a regular writing rhythm. Regardless, The Voice of the Muse Coaching Group will be your weekly compass alignment to keep you empowered, motivated, inspired and on track. (Discount fee through Jan 25)
Mark David's January Workshops / Denver Area
• Free Talk, Author Q&A and book-signing
Topic: Birthing Your Book...Even If You Don't Know What It's About
Thursday, Jan 28~ 7pm~ Bemis Public Library, Littleton, CO
• Writing workshop -- From Memory to Memoir: Writing the Stories of Your Life
Friday, Jan 29 ~ 6-9pm ~ Colorado Free University, Denver, CO
• Writing workshop -- Write in the Flow: Answering Your Call to Write
Saturday, Jan 30 ~ 10am-4:30pm ~ Colorado Free University, Denver, CO
• The Call to Write: Answering the Voice of Your Muse
Sunday, Jan 31 ~ 1-5pm ~ Phoenix Healing Center, Longmont, CO (Discount fee through Jan 25)
• Fri, Feb 12 - Sun, Feb 14
At booth #505, offering discounted coaching sessions, signing books, answering writing questions