1. The Q'ntana Trilogy: Complete At Last...
I was minding my own business last week, working on a first draft of my MoonQuest Musical (see #3, below), when The SunQuest shouted, "Publish me!!"
Although The SunQuest, final installment in my Q'ntana Trilogy of fantasy novels, had been finished for some months, it had never felt time to release it into the world. After all, I had just published The StarQuest (book II) in June. I thought I might wait at least until my birthday in October. But, no. Apparently, when it's time, it's time! So Book III is now available, completing a journey that begin for me in March 1994, when the first words of the first draft of a MoonQuest novel I knew nothing about dropped onto my blank page.
Of course, the journey is not entirely over. There's still The Q'ntana Trilogy Movies and now, it seems, The Q'ntana Trilogy Musicals. But more about those in a moment. For now, all you need to know is that now you can discover the Q'ntana story's gripping and startling conclusion (it was even startling to me as I was writing it!).
Two Men, A Single Destiny:
Ben, grandson of Q'ntana's greatest elderbard, and Bo'Ra K'n, whose tyranny has ruled Q'ntana for generations.
Whose vision will triumph?
• Get The SunQuest: The Q'ntana Trilogy, Book III today in the Kindle, Nook and Kobo stores for your e-reader, tablet, computer and smartphone. (The SunQuest will be available in the iBookstore in the next days or weeks.) Why today? Read on to find out...
2. The Q'ntana Trilogy:
Super-Duper Labor Day Sale!
To celebrate the release of The SunQuest, all three Q'ntana Trilogy books are on sale this Labor Day weekend -- for only US$2.99 each!!
Find out why these books have been so popular that some readers read them again and again. And get your copies today!! (Kindle, Nook, Kobo stores.)
While you're picking up your Q'ntana books, be sure to check out my other titles:
• Acts of Surrender: A Writer's Memoir
• The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write (also available in paperback at Amazon.com)
• Writer's Block Unblocked: 7 Surefire Ways to Free Up Your Writing and Creative Flow
• The Book of Messages: Writings Inspired by Melchizedek
3. The Q'ntana Trilogy: Movies & Musicals
In brief, the film project is still moving forward! Like all epic screen productions, though, it takes time to get everything in place...but we're working on it. The good news is that not only is there lots of enthusiasm out there for the project, but there have also been some pretty amazing developments in recent months. As things progress, I'll do my best to keep you posted!
If you follow this blog regularly, you'll know that I began work on a stage-musical adaptation of The MoonQuest a few weeks back. My goal is to continue with The StarQuest and The SunQuest as well, creating a third version of the trilogy! If you missed my original post about the stage project, you'll find it here.
Meantime, revisiting a trio of stories that is so much a part of my inner story has definitely pushed buttons as I get to relive, in my own life, all three stories' major themes. It's turning out to be quite the journey! I'm sure I'll have more to say about that in the coming weeks.
4. Pulling the Plug on My "Electric Muse" Radio Show
The good news, though, is that you can still tune in to those great shows. You'll find links to all nine episodes in this blog post.
The even-better news is that I have now interviewed the guests I had scheduled for August and September shows, and I am turning those conversations into a series of video chats that I have dubbed One-on-One with Mark David Gerson. Three of them are already on my YouTube channel, and three more are on their way.
Here's the One-on-One conversation I had with The Secret's Bob Doyle (use this link if the embedded player doesn't show up for you)...
Here are the other One-on-One guests already featured on my YouTube Channel...
• New York Times bestselling mystery author J.A. Jance: Find out why she never outlines, how she took literary revenge on the creative writing prof who barred her from his program ("creative writing isn't for girls") and where she got the idea for her newest mystery, Second Watch, and her first book of poetry, After the Fire, both of which hit bookstores on September 10.
• Vocal coach Sally Morgan: Find out why nearly everyone dreads public speaking and get some quick-and-easy tools to grow both your skill and confidence when speaking before a group...tools that will also help you with all your creative pursuits!
And coming up in the next weeks...
• Mystery writer Ellen Hart, whose newest release, Taken by the Wind, releases on my birthday!
• Author Susan M. Heim, who has authored 10 Chicken Soup for the Soul books, including this summer's Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for Writers: 101 Motivational Stories for Writers - Budding or Bestselling - from Books to Blogs
• Publisher/author/filmmaker Michael Wiese, whose new memoir, Onward and Upward: Reflections of a Joyful Life, is guaranteed to move, entertain and inspire you!
Watch for these three new videos, coming soon to www.youtube.com/markdavidgerson!
5. And Speaking of Videos...
There are lots more inspiring new videos on my YouTube channel, in addition to the new One-on-One interviews. For example, I've added Let Judgment Go, a short meditation in the spirit of my popular You Are A Writer (now approaching 13,000 views!). Like You Are A Writer, it features an audio track drawn from my recording, The Voice of the Muse Companion: Guided Meditations for Writers, and visuals from my photography.
As I posted here back in July, I've revived and expanded another facet of my creativity: my fine art. At the time, I had only just launched my dedicated art website. Now, barely a month later, I have posted 75 images (with more going up every day), and these photos, drawings and inspirational quotes have attracted more than 4,000 views! As well, my Instagram photography is featured at Instacanvas.
Well, that's a wrap. Thanks for sticking around for the updates. I've got musicals to write, drawings to draw and photos to take....so I'm outta here! But before you take off, please take a minute to "like" these Facebook pages...
• Acts of Surrender book
And please follow me on Pinterest and Google+