Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Muse & You #5: Radio for Writers and Readers...with Mark David Gerson

Episode Five:
Thursday, Nov 19, 1pm ET
(click here to listen live or to the archived version any time after the show airs)

• Ask the Writing Coach (your questions for me about writing and creativity) and a feature interview with Dan Stone author of The Rest of Our Lives

Some months back, I got a call from a friend here in Albuquerque. "You've got to meet this guy, Dan," he said. "He writes fantasy, like you. I know you'll have a lot to talk about."

He does (write fantasy) and we did (find a lot to talk about). And when I read his book, I was bewitched. The Rest of Our Lives is a compelling, original story that is sure to touch you with its humanity and universal wisdom. Blending magic, romance and the paranormal, this timeless tale is enchanting, entrancing and always entertaining.

The author, of course, is Dan Stone, and he brings to this first novel, his experiences as a poet, journalist and editor, as a college instructor and human resources trainer, as a personal and professional development coach, and as a mystic and an intuitive "Daneller." No, that's not a typo. And if you want to know what a Daneller is and does, you'll just have to tune in on the 19th (or listen to the archive, which will be available immediately after the live broadcast goes off the air).

During this month's feature interview, Dan will share more about his book and other writings, about his creative process and about "the stream of well being that is ever flowing." It promises to be an eclectic, free-ranging conversation, and I hope you'll tune in (and join in, with your questions and comments).

During the first segment of the show
, I'll offer some writing tips and inspiration and take your questions about writing and the creative process and about me and my books, The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write and The MoonQuest: A True Fantasy.

Please
tune in, and bring your questions and quirks -- for me and my guests!

There are three ways to ask questions of my and my guests or to post comments:
• Post your questions in the show's chat room (free Blog Talk Radio account required)
• Post your questions directly to me on
Twitter (@markdavidgerson)
• Post your questions directly to me on on my
Facebook wall

The Muse & You, a production of Red River Writers, is all about writing and creativity, and it's for writers and readers alike -- an opportunity to listen to writers and creators of all sorts talk about how and why they create and, of course, about what they create. It's also an opportunity for you to ask your questions -- of me during the first segment of the show, when I offer writing tips and inspiration, and of my guests during the interview portion.

Listen to
The Muse & You on the third Thursday of every month at 1pm ET (10am PT). December's guest will be Karen Walker, author of Following the Whispers.

The Muse & You Show Archive
If you miss any live broadcast, you can listen to the archived episode, which is available shortly after each show on the show's web page. You can also download any show directly into your computer for later listening.

#4 ~ Oct 15Kristin Bair O'Keeffe author of Thirsty

#3 ~ Sept 17Joanne Chilton and Jeanne Ripley co-authors of Wings to Fly

#2 ~ Aug 20Jared Lopatin, author of Rising Sign

#1 ~ July 29Julie Isaac, founder of Twitter's #writechat, and Malcom Campbell, author of
The Sun Singer and Jock Stewart and the Missing Sea of Fire

No comments: