Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's Time to Live the Dream

“You just have to keep your dream. If you lose it and get cynical, you die.”
~ Meryl Streep


"Where there is no vision, the people perish."
~ Proverbs 29:18


What's your dream for your writing? For your life?

Know that whatever it is, however improbable it may seem in this moment, it's not impossible. Nearly every success story begins with an "impossible" dream. Nearly every "overnight success" was years in the making.

Have you begun the book you've always dreamt of writing? Now is the time to put your dream into action. It doesn't matter whether you can give it five minutes a day or five hours. It doesn't even matter if you know what it's about.

Every journey begins with a single step. Every piece of writing begins with a single word. Any word.

Write it. Now.

What about your dreams for your life? Have you abandoned them? Stuffed them in the back of a drawer because they seem so unreachable?

Open that drawer. Reach your hand in. Gently. Touch it. Reconnect with it. Reconnect with yourself.

Open your heart again. Open your heart to the vision. Open your heart to your life.

Meryl Streep photo from Pictures of Famous Actors and Actresses. Meryl Streep quote from Inside Inside by James Lipton.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If your stats are off it's because I keep coming by today to read this again and again. I needed it. I find I am quite paralyzed of late. Thank you.

Mark David Gerson said...

Beth: Don't worry about my stats. I know I don't! So glad you're finding this post helpful and inspiring. I think you might also benefit from the guided meditation You Are a Writer. Please check it out and let me know.