Thursday, June 13, 2013

My Readers' Gallery - #8

Welcome to the latest installment of my online Readers' Gallery, featuring photos and videos of people from all over the U.S. and beyond reading my books and ebooks and listening to my CD(Look up previous posts herehereherehereherehere and here.)
Today's installment is devoted almost entirely to The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write.


I had not yet written The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write when I first met author Estelle Blackburn in Sedona, Arizona in 1997. She was visiting from Australia and I, unknowingly, was at the end of the three-month road odyssey I write about in Acts of Surrender: A Writer's Memoir

After Estelle returned to Australia, the work we had done together in Sedona catapulted her forward with her book Broken Lives, which freed a man wrongly convicted for murder and went on to win multiple awards. "I have so much gratitude for the help and confidence you gave me," she would write me soon after. 

A decade and many lifetimes later (for both of us), we would reconnect in Sedona, where this photo was taken. Read more about Estelle and her work on her website.


From all the way in Jakarta, Indonesia, Maria Theresiya Kussoy (above) is plumbing The Voice of the Muse: Answering the Call to Write for inspiration for her writing projects. 

Across the world in Northern Arizona, Sam Farmer Hightower (below) is gearing up to do much the same thing!


I recently interviewed writer/director/actor/producer Luke Yankee (below) for my Electric Muse radio show about his work and his about critically acclaimed book, Just Outside the Spotlight: Growing Up with Eileen Heckart. 

Imagine my surprise when he inserted this testimonial for The Voice of the Muse into one of his answers: "I was desperately looking for some kind of affirmations for writers and stumbled on The Voice of the Muse, your incredible book and companion CD. Now, anytime I get stuck I go back and listen to your 'You Are a Writer' meditation. So, the common thread is that I'm a storyteller and you, Mark David Gerson, have really helped to feed that and get me through some of the lean times." Hear my complete Luke Yankee interview here.


And finally, from across the ocean in Paris, translator Laurent Delpit, featured in one of my very first Readers' Gallery posts (below right), sent me this view of his fridge!


Read more about these and other readers and their projects in my Facebook gallery.

Why not join the online fun 
and get your book, business, event, blog, website
or other success promoted here, on Facebook and on Google+
Interested? Read on...

If you have a copy of any of my books/ebooks or of my CD, I'll post a pic of you to my Readers' Gallery Photo Album on Facebook and on Google+. Just make sure that your face is clearly visible in the photo and that the book/ebook cover and/or CD cover are visible as well.

And to help you promote your book, event, business, success, blog and/or website, I'll include in the photo caption not only your name but your promotional info/link. I'll also post the next batch of reader pics here in a future blog item.

Simply email me your pic and caption information, or contact me via FacebookTwitter or my website.

Feel free to send one pic or several and to include one book, all books, the CD or any combination. Just send separate photos for each item (unless you really are reading both books at the same time!).

And if you like my books, please "like" my Facebook pages:
Please  follow me on Pinterest and Google+ and subscribe to my videos on YouTube

No comments: